If you have been diagnosed with skin cancer and are seeking efficient, advanced therapy – consider brachytherapy for the treatment of your skin cancer tumor. Brachytherapy is not available from all dermatology clinics, but when you find a qualified provider such as Dr. Behr, you can see tremendous results from this treatment.
Brachytherapy works by placing radiation inside or very near the tumor itself. A high dose of radiation directly to your tumor helps preserve nearby healthy tissues and minimize scarring.
The Benefits Of Brachytherapy Include:
- This treatment is incredibly precise, and preserves surrounding healthy skin cells.
- Scarring is incredibly minimal.
- Treatment is incredibly efficient and it only takes only a few minutes to complete your session.
- Treatment is non-surgical and minimizes inconvenience and side effects.
- No radiation remains in your body following brachytherapy treatment.
- Brachytherapy is painless.
Brachytherapy is performed on an outpatient basis. You may require several sessions, depending on the size of your tumor and its location. You will be able to drive yourself home after therapy and immediately return to work if necessary.
If you’ve been diagnosed with skin cancer that is still in its early stages, brachytherapy may be the perfect solution for curing your disease. Brachytherapy is a great solution for busy patients who do not require surgery and would like to minimize their potential for scarring and exposure to radiation.
Contact Dr. Kathleen Behr for more information regarding brachytherapy today.