One of the most common uses for dermal fillers is to enhance the volume and definition of the mouth. Lip injections continue to increase in popularity the more that men and women realize the convenience and lasting results of this cosmetic treatment. Here, we offer up a few interesting points you may not know about lip augmentation with dermal fillers.
What You Need To Know About Lip Injections
- There is much more than sheer science to lip injections. In fact, different clinicians may have their own combination of preferred products that they use to achieve the desired aesthetic.
- That picture may not be as worth as many words as you think. It is common for a patient to come in to our Fresno office with a picture of their favorite celebrity pout. While this can give us an idea of the look you want, our goal is to create a mouth that looks beautiful on you.
- Lip augmentation is a fully personalized treatment process. We look at your facial structure and pair that with your preferences. You may want only your lower lip enhanced, or both lips, but just a touch. Whatever needs to happen happens. It’s that simple.
- You don’t need to worry about feeling fake. At first, fillers may cause slight hardness in the injection area as water molecules bind to the HA. As integration happens, and it happens quickly, your lips will be soft and silky smooth.
- If, for some reason, you do not like what you see after you have had time to get used to your new, plumper lips, don’t fret. HA, or hyaluronic acid fillers can be diluted with a secondary treatment. Within minutes of administration, the enzyme hyaluronidase dissolves the hyaluronic acid that was initially injected, and your lips go back to a less noticeable profile.
- Prepare for some swelling! The final results from lip injections will be noticeable a day or two after treatment.
- Bruising might also occur. The risk of this can be diminished by avoiding medication or supplements that could thin the blood prior to your treatment.
- With these side effects in mind, it is best to schedule lip injections at least a week prior to any special engagement.
- Results from lip injections can last up to 6 months. Sometimes, though, the body metabolizes the HA solution in as little as 4 months.
- Want ultimate comfort? Apply ice just before your lip augmentation treatment!
We love helping our patients love the way they look. To learn more about lip injections, call our Fresno office at (559) 435-SKIN (7546).