What A HydraFacial Can Do For You
- Posted on: Feb 15 2018
Facials are a dime a dozen. This is how some people perceive them. In our office, we know that professional skin care performed by an experienced esthetician can do a lot for the skin. We can all benefit from the occasional facial, even those who don’t have beauty concerns that have reached the surface (yet). The health of the skin and its appearance is founded in the condition of tissues beneath the surface. UV damage, dehydration, and other factors affect change here, where collagen strands exist and where the basis of gorgeous skin lies. The professional facial is a treatment that seeks to add nourishment to this deeper area, where beauty can be preserved and promoted.
We are pleased to offer a number of treatment options for men and women of the Fresno area who want to protect their aging skin. A facial is a great way to do this, no matter your current age. Here, we want to point out a few of the ways that our innovative HydraFacial stands out from the average skin boosting treatment.
How Our HydraFacial Works
The HydraFacial follows precise steps:
1. Gentle lymphatic massage is performed to aid in the detoxification of the skin through the lymph system. This initial step also boosts circulation to the face and neck, which is necessary for the hydration that follows to be ultimately effective.
2. The skin is cleansed and exfoliated to remove the dead and damaged cells that have adhered to the surface. The body naturally tries to shed this outer layer, called the stratum corneum, but usually isn’t able to slough off the full amount of debris that exists here. The special applicator tip of the HydraFacial machine allows for dual action, simultaneously cleansing and exfoliating.
3. Gentle peeling is then conducted using salicylic and glycolic acid solutions. This further loosens any debris that remains, and it unblocks pores. This makes the HydraFacial excellent for acne- prone skin.
4. The skin and pores are cleaned of the applied serums and pores are extracted as necessary to remove impurities.
5. After all of this cleansing, exfoliating, and extracting, the skin is ready to receive the goodness of nutrients intended for elongated hydration. The delivery of special skin-boosters provides immediate improvement while also instigating positive effects beneath the surface.
6. Treatment culminates in a short LED or other light treatment aimed at encouraging collagen production and reducing redness.
We may have not cold, dry winters here in our part of the country, but we do have exceedingly dry air more often than not. That means your skin could use a boost of hydration just about any time. To schedule a HydraFacial in our Fresno office, call 559-435-7546.
Posted in: Aesthetician Services