Daily Life After Liposuction
- Posted on: Aug 30 2013
After your liposuction procedure, there are a number of things we recommend you should do to keep yourself comfortable and your wound infection free. Follow these simple guidelines and recovery will be a breeze.
- It is normal to feel pain right after the procedure, and for this you can take over the counter medication for effective pain relief
- You may feel varying levels of nausea and vomiting during the recovery period. Keep yourself hydrated and get plenty of rest.
- During the first several days after the procedure, the treated areas will be swollen and tender so it is advisable for you to wear compression garments constantly for about 3 weeks to help keep the swelling down.
- Low impact activities like walking are ok, but strenuous physical activities like workouts need to be limited for at least a week after liposuction.
- Generally, it is recommended to resume bathing 2 days after the procedure and not immediately after the surgery. Keeping the wound clean is important for healing.
- Do not soak yourself in the tub, or swimming pool, or whirlpool for at least a couple of weeks after liposuction
- When the treated areas feel well enough to the touch, you may start gently massaging it to help eliminate the swelling faster and to even out lumps that may have formed on the area. Massages also help during the healing phase when you experience a tingling or numbing sensation.
- Patients who are worried about scar formation can start using anti-scar treatments when the wound has healed completely.
- You will be advised to put a hold on you travel plans for about 2 weeks following liposuction
To get more insight into liposuction indications, procedures, and recovery, please call Dr. Kathleen Behr at 559-435-SKIN (7546) or visit our clinic at 1125 E. Spruce Ave. Suite 207 Fresno, CA 93720 for more details.
Posted in: Cosmetic Services